Patients who have been referred to a retina specialist should expect the following:
- Your eyes will be dilated for the examination.
- You will need someone to drive you.
- Your visit may last between 1 and 3 hours depending on the type of evaluation.
- Diabetic patients are asked to bring a snack in case the appointment runs into their lunch or dinner time.
You should bring the following with you to your appointment:
- A list of all medications and eye drops that you are currently taking.
- Any contact lenses or glasses that you currently wear.
- Your Alberta Health Care number.